Emergency, hÅb's annual platform for live art and contemporary performance is now open for proposals.
With a whole range of spaces to fill — what we now need is a lots of great work!
Artists working in live art and contemporary performance are invited to submit proposals of short pieces of work, works-in-progress, or extracts of longer works for inclusion in this event. Proposals are also encouraged for durational, one-to-one and limited capacity work, as well as performance installation and intervention-based works in-and-around the spaces available.
• a pay-what-you-decide, public micro-festival + open submission platform;
• an opportunity for artists to meet, show, and peer-review work;
Work can be in any relevant artform/medium, though some live presence is desirable. Show-type work should be 20 minutes maximum in duration; low-tech or no-tech, and suitable for quick turnarounds; self-supporting in terms of props, set, equipment, and specialised technology.
As this seems to be a recurrent question: whilst we don't encourage it, you are permitted to submit more than one proposal but it is unlikely that more than one would be successful from a single artist/group.Please note:
• Emergency typically features at least 20 short pieces of work throughout the day/evening;
• our technology resources are limited, please bear this in mind when making a proposal;
• download the Emergency Open Call Guidance Notes (see attachment below);
• complete the Online Proposal form;